Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech), popularly known as engineering, is one of the most sought-after career programs among science stream students. As it is considered a skill-oriented program, B. Tech is often opted by students who see their future in Science and Information Technology. Moreover, engineering courses open doors to broad career opportunities and offer high salary packages to students. Notably, India is churning out lakhs of engineering students every year. According to the Ministry of Education, there are 6,214 engineering colleges and universities in India that offer engineering courses in different fields.
If you are still unsure and wondering about the top engineering courses in India that are well paying and offer job satisfaction, then you are in the right place to put an end to your confusion. Here we have prepared a list of the top five engineering courses that makes you more employable in the global labor market.
Top 5 new-age engineering courses to pursue in 2021
- Aerospace Engineering: This branch of engineering is one of the most in-demand B. Tech specializations that pays well. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the job market of aerospace engineers is expected to increase by 3% between 2019 and 2029. Aerospace engineering deals with the designing of aircraft, satellites, spacecraft, and missiles. Aerospace engineers primarily work in the government sector. According to Glassdoor, the average salary of aerospace engineers is INR 13.75 lakh per annum.
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical engineers are among the highest-paid engineers in the world. The primary role of chemical engineers is to convert raw material into useful domestic or industrial products. In addition, chemical engineers focus on improving production. As per an India Today report, the chemical industry is expected to grow at 4.7% CAGR between 2016 and 2024. According to PayScale, the average salary of chemical engineers is INR 4.88 lakh per annum.
- Petroleum Engineering: This is one of the most in-demand engineering specializations in India as well as abroad. As oil and gas are in huge demand worldwide, petroleum engineers are considered an asset to the petroleum industry due to their high extraction skills and knowledge. According to PayScale, the average salary of petroleum engineers is INR 7.9 lakh per annum.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical engineer’s entry-level salary package is relatively higher than other branches of engineering. The primary role of a mechanical engineer is to design mechanical devices and machines that produce power. According to PayScale, the average salary of mechanical engineers is INR 3.5 lakh per annum.
- Electrical Engineering: This B. Tech specialization is a good fit for those who are genuinely interested in the electrical field. The job of an electrical engineer is to research, design, test equipment, and maintain devices. Electrical engineers usually work in green energy or computer technology industries. According to PayScale, the average salary of electrical engineers is INR 3.8 lakh per annum.
Pursuing any of these B. Tech degrees in Dehradun’s engineering colleges guarantee employment in top private companies. So, make your career bright by applying to one of the leading engineering courses today.